HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lauren Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:16:08 -0500
Jeremy, I would think that people would have visited different settlements
for different purposes. (I suppose we could call it something like "access
to differentially distributed resources").  Your best bet would be to seek
out account books kept by farmers and storekeepers in the area that you plan
to use for your study, and analyze them with your questions in mind.  It
will entail some work, but it'll get you actual distances, which will be, as
David said, dependant on geographical and historical factors.

Lauren J. Cook, RPA
Senior Archaeologist
Richard Grubb & Associates, Inc.
30 North Main Street