HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:43:49 -0700
From:
Sarah Miller <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
What is the statute of limitations on a thread?
Picking up on one from 9 years ago:

Has anyone had experience with calcium carbide
furnaces?  I see on a thread from 1998 (see below)
that we may have an acetylene
gas furnace as mentioned below.  We're working on a
late nineteenth-century site an came down on a layer
of crazy brick red dust with white wormy inclusions.
We heard from local informants that there may have
been a carbide furnace located on the site.  If anyone
has had experience excavating one of these features
please let me know!

Sarah