HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:37:16 -0500
From:
Carole Nash <[log in to unmask]>
Lee,

Alcohol consumption was formally banned from CCC camps, but
oral histories and archaeological studies tell a different
story.  Our excavations at NP-2 recovered a large number of
liquor bottles -- not in the dump or from contexts within the
site, but on the forest periphery.  Quite a structuralist
study in behavior -- the ordered world of the camp and the
forbidden zone of the forest.  Carole