HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:17:17 -0400
From:
Lauren Cook <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
I believe Cincinnati was where we presented results from the Central Artery
Project in Boston, which was conducted using a modified Harris Matrix.  Joe
Balicki of JMA was the person responsible for actually maintaining the
matrix during fieldwork.   The verdict was that it required some additional
effort in the field, but that it enabled a clearer discussion of the
stratigraphy than might otherwise have been had it not been used. It has the
advantage of enabling clear explanation of the archaeological record of site
formation and development.

I've since used it from time to time on small urban monitoring and Phase II
projects.

Lauren J. Cook, RPA
Senior Archaeologist
Richard Grubb & Associates, Inc.