HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:06:09 +1000
From:
Denis Gojak <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
As a continuation of the historical theme, Axel Steensberg paid a visit to
Australia in late 1983 [I presume at Golson's invitation]  AS looked like he
was 90+ in the shade.  There he had the joy of visiting the First Government
House site excavation in Sydney, which was the first real attempt at open
area excavation in Australian historical archaeology and he got to flirt
with the director.

If Geoff is colour coding a map of the world to show who uses colour pencils
then certainly Australia should be coded 'blank - never used'.

Denis