HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:13:09 +1100
> [log in to unmask] Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 07:41:56 +1000
> From: Denis Gojak <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Writing on Walls and pull tabs
>
> While we're in full pedantic flight, it was George Miller who did the Owens
> research but I think a Henry Miller description of the Owens bottling
> technology story would be far more lurid, steamy and popular with students
> and grown-ups alike. That lip finishing technology would really get an
> interesting treatment.
>
> Denis

Denis,

Given that I get the digest, someone else has probably already pointed this out,
but I think the original post meant Henry Miller of St. Mary's City fame, not
the author.

Though who knows, maybe the fieldschools at St. Mary's are more exciting these
days.  Maybe the students are assigned Tropic of Capricorn as required reading
material and Silas's new artefact curation system is based on a secret code
derived from Anais Nin's diaries....

Alasdair Brooks