HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:26:25 -0500
From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
One of the improvements to Jamaica, Queens (GSA building, Family
Court, Magic Johnson Multiplex) were improvements to the Rufus King
Manor, he a signer of the Constitution and "last Federalist"
Ambassador to England) a large open space between the imposed grid
pattern of city planning. When they improved the site they created
walkways where a large "X" had been across the wide open space,
connecting corners, if you will. The architects got out their French
curve and drew in these walkways where Grossman and Associates tested
prior to the improvements. I was back there to work on the early
kitchen and porch are for Linda Stone, MA as they also were putting
termite traps in out in the yard and replacing the floors in the
kitchen (the main part of the house has a stove made by the Mott
Foundry in the Bronx, who with Janes and Kirtland once there in the
"South Bronx" have sculpture, fountains for example in Peru, deer
sculpture in Japan, bridges in Central Park, coal chutes on Governors
Island, etc. representing their work still) and I noticed although the
new walks were provided the old trails across the space were
reimerging from the landscape as an example of behavior seen in many
places (Potsdam College green, etc.).

George Myers