ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rehab Zaher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:28:04 -0400

Dear members,

How do you do?

My name is Rehab Zaher. I am a PhD student at the faculty of Tourism and
Hotels Management in Egypt. I am currently in a Fulbright scholarship at the
University of the Arts, Philadelphia, working on my doctoral thesis that is
demonstrating the implementation of the Large Format film technology on
Egyptian museums.

As part of my thesis is concerned with institutions that had closed their large
format theatres (IMAX, Iwerks, GOTO ..etc) or converted their theatre from a
large format system into another, i am asking for your kind assistance.
Actually i am keen to know the circumstances and reasons for closing a giant
screen theatre in commercial or educational institutions after years of
operations or the circumstances that may lead an institution to a decision of
converting its large format theatre fronm a special brand to another.

So,  If you have any contact in any of the above mentioned institutions whom
may help me regarding this issue, or if you can direct me to an information
source or any online report that include such information, kindly help.

Thank you for your kind attention & concern
Best regards

Rehab Zaher

PhD student

University of the Arts