ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jack Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:27:37 -0600

Robert L. Russell wrote:

> You should all check out some of the spectacular images from the Cassini
> fly-by Saturn mission, which has been taking an amazing variety of photos of
> Saturn, its rings, and moons.
>
> You can find the images at: http://ciclops.org

To all:

One can also find these through the Cassini-Huygens
homepage at:
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.cfm

> These images are one of the many research efforts of the Space Science
> Institute, which has also brought some high-quality traveling exhibits to science
> centers, such as Marsquest.

Marsquest was a project of ASTC I believe.  And of course
Cassini-Huygens is a project of JPL/CalTech not STScI (which
has great images as well).  STScI sponsored the
excellent Hubble Space Telescope traveling
exhibit and the terrific "ViewSpace" electronic Astronomy news
display now found in a lot of Museums and Planetariums.

Those of us in Planetaria have been touting the story of
Cassini-Huygens, the Mars Rovers and many other missions
of JPL for some time.  And of course, we love Hubble
images as well.  Visit your local planetarium (shameless plug)
and you'll find the Universe has been delivering up some
incredible discoveries - and continues to do so.

Clear DARK Skies,

--
Jack Dunn - Mueller Planetarium