ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jay Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:57:03 -0400

Hi,   We've been playing with an art piece for an exhibit where air
bubbles form at the bottom of a tube and float up through the clear oil.
  I can't remember where else we've seen this, but we love the effect.

After playing with some small amounts of food grade lubricating oil
we've started looking for large amounts.  The trick is finding a clear
oil in different viscosities that won't break the bank.  Does any one
have experience with mineral oil or silicon oil?  Can anyone  recommend
a retailer?

Thanks,
Jay

--