ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Uzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:06:35 -0400

That Ohio Preacher is obviously not only ignorant of evolution but also
ignorant about Adolf Hitler (or at least has not read Mein Kampf).
Hitler's racist inspiration was based on divine right not Evolution or
even eugenics. in MK The Aryans were considered the "highest image of
the Lord", created to rule over the "subhuman" other races: "Human
culture and civilization on this continent are inseparably bound up with
the presence of the Aryan. If he dies out or declines, the dark veils of
an age without culture will again descend on this globe. The undermining
of the existence of human culture by the destruction of its bearer seems
in the eyes of a folkish philosophy the most execrable crime. Anyone who
dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege
against the benevolent Creator of this miracle and contributes to the
expulsion from paradise."
Hitler's view was purely creationist "It is a sin against the will of
the Eternal Creator if His most gifted beings by the hundreds and
hundreds of thousands are allowed to degenerate in the present
proletarian morass, while Hottentots and Zulu Kaffirs are trained for
intellectual professions."
Like other extremist Christians he held the view of a pure race of
believers who were the only people worthy of salvation. Hitler involked
the Lord Almighty as forcing him to  his "divine task" of eliminating
Jews and other "subhuman" groups. "What we must fight for is to
safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the
sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and
independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the
fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the Creator of the universe."
Further: "I am fighting for the work of the Lord," a "truly high mission".
If these words sound frighteneingly similar to some of what the
creationists are saying, then you are probably shaking as you read this
just as I am shaking as I write it. The quotes here are from the online
version of Mein Kampf, which is freely available on the web.

--
Stephen Miles Uzzo
Director of Technology