Condense Mail Headers

From:
Carl David Lehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:56:23 -0500
> Howard Kogan-thinking if you inspect my hives, I'll give you lunch!>
and
> Aaron Morris-NYS Apiary Inspectors cannot accept lunch..avoiding possible
conflict of interests>

First, I would not presume that I could, with a hamburger, steak or even a
lobster dinner, influence our Maryland state apiary inspector, assuming
first that I would actually want to.

Second, assuming that you COULD influence such decisions is to insult the
professionalism of these dedicated apiarists. I haven't spent a lot of time
with ours but I'll tell you one thing.  I seriously doubt anything or anyone
could influence him unless he was presented with a factual, logical,
reasonable evidence to support your supposition that his inspection results
are somehow not accurate.

Finally, I guess I'm missing Aaron's point.  Aren't they there to help us?
To inform?  To educate?  I personally believe that a burger and coke would
be appreciated after a two hour drive one way to inspect 6-10 hives and then
drive back.  And quite frankly speaking, I think our inspector would gladly
eat your burger, drink your coke, thank you for each and still tell you that
he found American Foul Broud, Varroa Mite and Small Hive beetle infestations
in all of your colonies AND THEN help develop a plan to get your operation
healthy and productive as soon as possible.

I have to believe, naive as I may be, that the rest of these professionals
would do the same.  I know I would.

Dave Lehr
Carroll County Beekeepers Association
Westminster, Maryland