From:
Dan & Jan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:02:54 -0400
I would not be too hard on the amateur researcher. Research many times is
initiated by experienced folks that are excellent observers that see
something different and  try to find out what is going on.
Many times these preliminary observations lead to a more formal replicated
experiment. I might add that I believe a  paired experiment with 20 hives is
not just a whim and should be considered as a serious effort and might be
worth a serious consideration.

It is a shame that several beekeepers with similar interests could not get a
properly designed replicated experiment designed and executed in different
locations A multiple location experiment is a very strong trial. We cannot
hope to rely on our bee researchers to do everything for us.  I believe we
can use trials in a wider location to help strengthen our local knowledge
and add to the wider knowledge base.

Dan Veilleux
Boone area
In the Mountains of NC