ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Regan Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:48:15 -0000

Hi all,

I'm sure I've seen figures for this in the past, but I can't seem to put
my hands on them right now. I'm looking for 'rule of thumb' estimates of
evaluation and prototyping costs for interactive exhibits, as a % of the
total exhibit budget (yes I know this is a crude measure!)

What would you generally use as your initial guide figure?

Does this figure include:
 - staff time in actually conducting evaluation and reporting findings,
etc.
- the cost of building the prototype
- the cost of implementing changes to the exhibit design
- how many rounds of prototyping?
- anything else?

I would appreciate what 'guesstimates' you tend to use for this purpose,
and what caveats you apply to this figure.

Thanks in advance,

Ms Regan Forrest
Senior Consultant (Interpretation)
Haley Sharpe Design