ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Derlly La Neta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:22:17 -0600

Hi Gwen,

We are in Mexico City, but we can suggest you a web site in Spanish. It is a
brand new site created by The Mexican Society for the Science and Technique
Popularization (Sociedad Mexicana para la Divulgación de la Ciencia y la
Técnica -SOMEDICYT-). This is the e-address:

www.somedicyt.org.mx/indice.html

You can click on the Demo for Mercurio Volante (the one with the cartoon of
Mercury -the God-) or you can go directly:

www.somedicyt.org.mx/indice/IMJ-Somedicyt/index

In the Menu you will find:

-"Visitalo" (Visit it) which are wonderful links to national and
international sites in Spanish (including Maloka, the Science Museum in
Colombia, or the Children's Museum in Venezuela....)

- "Biblioteca" (Library) which includes links to magazines published by the
Universidad Autonoma de Mexico (National Autonomous University of Mexico
-UNAM-) on Science Popularization for children and teenagers, as well as
some of the basic reading from the SOMEDICYT Science Collection for the
Young. If you are really interested I can ask Ernesto Márquez Nerey
(President of SOMEDICYT) to send you some free copies. I suppose we can mail
them to your business address.

- "Lectura" (Reading) includes recent articles on Science.

- "Solo para ti" (Just for you) includes conferences for the Young and links
for workshops related to Science issues.

- "Para la escuela" (For the School) is a link to the Diplomado para
maestros (A Teacher's degree on  Science teaching 5-9) sponsored by the
Mexican Academy of Science through the National Autonomous University of
Mexico -UNAM-.

A hope this brief description makes you feel like trying to get to know this
site. It is still new, so any comments or suggestions are very welcome!!!!

Derlly González González