ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Edith Piaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:24:27 +0000

	as an educator, the term to educate can have the connotation that students are passive learners or empty vessels, but on the other hand sometimes when we expound unfamiliar material to students we are educating because we are teaching something they never have been exposed to. as for constructivism, yes this is how we can teach students to be active learners and problem solvers and thinkers. therefore, we hope that students will learn not to identify with the left or the right but to indentify with what they deem a possible solution to a social, political, scientific or economic problem.
edith

Protek-on: CaraMail met en oeuvre un nouveau Concept de Sécurité Globale - www.caramail.com