HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rachael J Greenlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:11:17 -0400
Kim,
     Besides looking into the Society for Industrial Archaeology webpage
(www.sia-web.org) you should check out Michigan Tech's excavations at
the West Point Foundry in Cold Spring, NY at this webpage:
www.westpointfoundry.org.

    Being a Tech grad, I conducted my masters research at the West Point
Foundry, specifically the boring mill, so if you have any questions
about that, please feel free to email me.

     My historical research for the project also brought me to the
Tredegar Iron Foundry in Virginia. Perhaps that would be of more use
because it was a confederate foundry for a time. I can email you a
few resources for that later.
Hope this was helpful!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Rachael Greenlee
Archaeologist, Cultural Resources Section
Office of Environmental Services
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 N. Senate Ave. Room N642
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-234-1900
"People think you need an advanced degree to practice archaeology. All you
need is a shovel and a look out." Comedian Jack Freeman