HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:53:08 -0400

In a message dated 8/26/2006 10:50:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

They  performed periodic
sweeps to find said objects, and perhaps part of the  story to some of the
objects found concealed in buildings as a behaviorist  might think.

Of course, not all items inside buildings are ritual concealments. During
the adaptive reuse process for the 115th Company Barracks, U.S. Army Fort
Rosecrans, contractors removed plaster and lath to reveal beer bottles, packets  of
letters, pocket change, 1898 .30-40 Krag rifle ammunition, "social house"
tokens, slot machine tokens, and razor blades. We got in a real tiff with the
Navy JAG because they demanded we destroy the bundle of 1905 love letters
sealed  in a wall, but just ignored them the lawyers and concealed the letters in
our  archival boxes at the Ballast Point Repository (adaptively reused morgue
turned  into an archives).

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.