HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:45:23 -0700
we're doing a book called Screening the Past, edited by Julie
Schablitsky, that provides accurate historical archaeological
information to students readers on favorite movie topics (Vikings,
pirates, the West, Egypt, etc.) to contrast with Hollywoodized
versions. The book should be out sometime in 2007. We will announce the
details of the book on this list when we get the final manuscript.

--- Ron May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you want to change the movie and fiction writing image of
> archaeology, a
> point I have stated before on HISTARCH, I suggest you contact the
> editors of
> Dark Horse Comics and have a chat with them. Both Laura Croft and
> Indiana
> Jones  have been published in comic form by Dark Horse. I am certain
> they would
> love to  work with real archaeologists in their themes.
>
> Ron May
> Legacy 106, Inc.

Mitch Allen
Publisher