HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sean Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 10:53:54 -0400
Eric Drake,

You may want to submitt hat directly to them at the email address in their message.  did you sign up with histarch?

Sean

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/23/06 10:10AM >>>
Efstathios and Stacey,

Hello, my name is Eric Drake and I am an archaeologist with the Hiawatha
National Forest and a PhD candidate in the dept. of Anth  at
SUNY-Binghamton.  I was wondering if you are still interested in accepting
abstracts for your SHA session on Landscapes of Labor? I am interested in
linking trasnformations in labor relations and conditions to changes in
the structure and design of logging camps from the late 19th through early
20th centuries in the Upper Great Lakes.  More specifically, I plan to
address how the spatial organization of company operated logging camps
were constitutive of and by labor struggles between timber workers and
lumber barons and managers, and how this produced different lived
expereinces with captialism for different socially and eocnomically
defined groups involved with the logging industry.  If this is a topic
that interests you and fits with your session's goals, then please let me
know.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Take care.

Eric Drake