HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:35:47 -0600
Barnes, Frank C.
  1965  Cartridges of the World.
  1969  Revised 2nd edition
  1972  Revised 3rd edition, DBI Books, Northfield, IL.
  1980  Revised 4th edition
  1985  Revised 5th edition
  1989  Revised 6th edition
  1993  Revised 7th edition
  1997  Revised 8th edition
  2000  Revised 9th edition, Krause Publications, Iola, Wisconsin.
Note: Frank Barnes died in 1992 and the job of editiing revisions fell to
Michael L. McPherson.  While every sportsman interested in firearms should
have at least one of the editions, it is recommended that serious collectors
and cartridge researchers have all of them.  Each issue contains not only
the basic cartridge information but other interesting articles on cartridge
and projectile identification. *Different editions have different articles*.

Have been out sick for awhile.  Will post more on this later.

Smoke

--
Smoke Pfeiffer
845 Cagle Rock Road

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
---Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis---