HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:59:20 -0800
Dear HistArchers,

I'm trying to locate examples of procedures or protocols that have been
developed for determining NRHP eligibility of historical archaoelogical
resources. I'm particularly interested in approaches that have been
developed for urban development projects but am also interested in
examples from other types of projects.

Some of the examples I am already aware of include:

**Wilson's "We've Got Thousands of These! What Makes an Historic Farmstead
Significant?" (1990, Historical Archaeology 24(2):23-33).

**The "AIMS-R" approach used by the Sonoma State University Archaeological
Studies Center in the I-880 Cypress Freeway Replacement Project.

**The resource values matrix used by Hardesty in The Archaeology of Mining
and Miners

Many thanks,
Barb Voss

Barbara L. Voss, Assistant Professor
Department of Cultural and Social Anthropology
Building 110, Room 112-T
Stanford University
Stanford, California 94305-2145
phone:  650-725-6884