HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Melissa Diamanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:25:53 -0400
I am trying to research a "Cement Burial Case" company that was based in
SE Pennsylvania c. 1920's to 1980.  But I know nothing about their
product.  I've been impressed with the range of knowledge among the
readers here, so I thought I'd give it a try:
Can anyone tell me what these burial cases were? Are they caskets made
of cement? This soulds like an extra-heavy load for pall bearers.  Or is
it some kind of covering over the casket, or a grave chamber that the
casket is set in, instead?
Also, what is the period of use?  When (and why) did these things come
into fashion/popularity, and has this trend died out?
Replies are welcome either on or off the list.
Melissa Diamanti
Archaeological & Historical Consultants, Inc.