HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:23:58 -0500
From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
inline
The artifact I introduced the article with are from a feature on 19th
Street in NYC. The "Arkansas News" article was excellent for the
introducing the Washington, Arkansas entry in Wikipedia. (which was
being "bombed" the other day with a big graphic hammer and sickle and
"Wikipedia is Communism!" when I went to read about 13th century
Scotland). In this day of Apple inspired "hyperlinks" it's great to
have more information than possible just a few short years ago, at
least for this type of inquiry. I wouldn't run an inquisition using it
though that may still follow. It is certainly causing a lot of freedom
of information laws and acts to be redefined almost continually as
technology changes and record keeping becomes more than an old file
cabinet.

George Myers