HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:26:49 -0500
From:
Larry Moore <[log in to unmask]>
In Centreville VA we excavated several graves. Two (dating 1910 & 1919) had hardware that might be called thumbscrews. We called them caplifters. One grave had large and small ones, the small one could easily be called a thumbscrew. Photos are in:

Moore, Larry E., Douglas W. Owsley, and Karin L. Sandness.
1995  Military and Civilian Burials from Centreville, Virginia. Quarterly Bulletin of the Archeological Society of Virginia 50(4): 27-45.

Larry