HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:01:03 -0400
From:
Gary Moore <[log in to unmask]>
       I have used bay for several years to aid in my research by purchasing
images  and talking to the sellers.  When they find out that I am a researcher
and not a collector it does not seem to make any difference.  Before I bid on
an image I will ask at times if they, the seller, would send me a better
scan.  Almost always they are happy to help me out.  So if I loose the bid for the
image I still have a scan to study.  I have bought many images off of eBay to
aid in my research of structure placement  and dating.  I also use eBay to
add to my research library.  Just today I received a book that I  won on eBay
that I have been looking for 25 years.   I  think eBay is a very good research
tool if used right.  I have set my account up to where I am E-mailed daily
informing me of items that I am looking for have just been listed.

Gary D. Moore
Fort Gibson Historic Site