HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Patrick Garrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:03:39 -0400
I have been running a modest eBay consignment company since last October,
and I must say it is a very challenging marketplace. We will not accept
anything from the ground, any artifacts looted from underwater sites, any
prehistoric artifacts, or ethnographic items for sale, but that hasn't
stopped people from trying to get us to sell them. I have learned a great
deal about 20th century material culture while doing this, as well as about
the many scams that are being tried by both buyers and sellers on eBay. All
in all, I have to say the worldwide supply of everything has matched demand
at this point, and that eBay is becoming more of a flea market every day.

Pat Garrow