ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Peter Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:20:17 -0700

Hi Lisa,

sorry, I must have missed your original message.

I know of one example that seems to fit your description rather well:
The Starlab (http://www.starlab.com/) is a traveling planetarium,
that seems clearly tailored towards schools. The Calgary Science
Centre features one
(http://www.calgaryscience.ca/educators/outreach.php ) but I have
seen it at other centers as well. It is not a huge exhibit in its own
right, but at the Calgary Science Centre, it comes with its own
interpreter, so it is more than just a box with curious things. I
know that it can go beyond city limits but not how often or how far
exactly.

I hope that helps somewhat,
Peter Davis