ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eyesblue1492-News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:02:01 -0800

Frans Lanting's <http://www.LifeThroughTime.com>LIFE: A Journey
Through Time traveling exhibition will launch in the spring of 2007.
<http://www.exhibitionalliance.org/>The Exhibition Alliance is
managing bookings.

The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will be performing a musical
production of <http://www.lifethroughtime.com>Life: A Journey Through
Time on February 22, 2007, at the Strathmore Center in Bethesda,
Maryland (just outside Washington, D.C.), and on February 23, 24, and
25, 2007, at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore. For
further details, see:

Strathmore Center performance:
http://www.bsoatstrathmore.org/tickets/seasoncalendar.asp?season=060&curmonth=3

Baltimore performances:
http://www.baltimoresymphony.org/tickets/seasoncalendar.asp?season=0&curmonth=3

In conjunction with the LIFE Music performances in the D.C.-Baltimore
area, Frans is scheduled to give a presentation about LIFE at the
National Geographic Society's Grosvenor Auditorium on Tuesday
February 27 at 7:30 pm.

Michael

"In 1999 when photographing the timeless ritual of horseshoe crabs
spawning in the shallow waters of a bay, I realized that these
ancient creatures offer a window into the past. I decided to explore
the planet for examples of how time tempers the shape of life on
earth and how the earth is in turn changed by the life it harbors.
LIFE is a vision of the past, a celebration of the present, and a
call to action to make sure there's a future for all of us." - Frans
Lanting, 2006

HEAR MORE:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5594899
[Alex Chadwick's NPR interview with Frans]

READ MORE:

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0612/feature2/index.html
[Images from LIFE in the November/December 2006 issue of National
Geographic Magazine]

http://audubonmagazine.org/features0611/photoEssay.html
[LIFE photo essay in the December 2006 issue of Audubon Magazine]

EXPLORE FURTHER:

http://www.LifeThroughTime.com
[To access the timeline, go to <http://www.lifethroughtime.com> click
"Start the Journey" from the home page, and then select "View
Timeline." For more background on the LIFE Project, click here
<http://www.lifethroughtime.com/project.html>]

--
Michael D. DeLapa

650.838.9551 office/fax