ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:21:27 -0400

From when I looked for quotes to be on the wall of our prototype room...

Nothing in this world is to be feared...only understood - Curie

Theory Guides.  Experiment decides. -Simanek

Research is to see what everybody else has seen and to think what nobody
else has thought. -Szent-Gyorgi

E= mc2  In other words:  Energy is matter.

The important thing is to never stop questioning - Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be
comprehended
OR
The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility.
both - einstein

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.  It is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true
science.
OR
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science.  -Einstein

Happy is he who gets to know the reasons for things - Virgil

True science teaches us above all to doubt and be ignorant -Unamuno

Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing -Von
Braun

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration
-Edison

Every experiment proves something.  If it doesn't' prove what you wanted it
to prove, it proves something else.

Science does not know its debt to imagination - Emerson

Men love to wonder and that is the seed of science -Emerson

There is an art to science and a science in art; the two are not enemies,
but different aspects of the whole -Asimov

Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and
calls the adventure science. -Hubble

Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope and the
telescope. - Roszak

There is a single light of science and to brighten it anywhere is to
brighten it everywhere -Asimov

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that herals the most
discoveries is not Eureka!  (I found it), but "That's funny..." - Asimov

"Theater and physics are a lot alike - they're both about making sense of
the world" - paraphrase from The Amazing Spiderman Cartoon

-William
William Katzman			[log in to unmask]
Director of Exhibits			(828) 322-8169 x307
Catawba Science Center		(828) 322-1585 (fax)
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value"
-A. Einstein