From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:13:49 -0500
Roger Hecht wrote:

>I am reviewing a "new" Holst Planets with the Royal Philharmonic, led
>by Charles Groves.  It's now on Resonance.
>
>Does anyone know when and on what label this recording first appeared--
>if it appeared at all.

OCLC shows a listing of a Planets conducted by Groves with the Royal
Phil on Cirrus, CRS 102 copuled with St.  Paul's suite.  The Planets
recorded in March of 1989.  Without St.  Paul's on St.  Clair Entertainment
"Forever Gold" FGC73352.  Both are CDs.

Karl

 [Amazon shows a 1999 release with the same pieces on St. Clair.
 I hadn't heard of this label, but apparently they have a number
 of those "Relaxing Classics" releases.  -Dave]