ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Phil Edgerton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:14:15 -0500

I will take the iniative to answer for The Health Adventure, especially
since my name is the same as your museum. (Thanks for the honor). Every year
we operate "Dental Month" with support from area dentists. All the
elementary school kids come and get instruction on dental health, diet for
good teeth, and get a toothbrush. We have teaching props (ex. "Count
Plaqula") and some permanent exhibits on dental stuff, like our giant teeth,
uppers and lowers, that one walks through, and peds dental xrays, etc. When
we recently had to clean the the big teeth we had school volunteers come
over and we used big toothbrushes and clenser outdoors while I regaled them
with dental trivia! You can have fun with teeth! See our website:
www.thehealthadventure.org

Phil Edgerton, Exhibits Technician