ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ryan Wyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:07:12 -0400

Gail Donoghue had asked:

> In honor of the Year of Physics (10/04 - 2/06),...

An odd name for a sixteen-month period.

> I want to develop/buy an Einstein exhibit and related programming.

You can contact Nancy Lynn ([log in to unmask]) here at the American Museum
of Natural History, if you want more information about the exhibit we
developed.

> The materials/programs need to be appropriate for grades 4-8.  Does
> anyone have any information.

General info on the exhibit:
      http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/einstein/index.php

But you might want to take a close look at the "Einstein for Educators"
link at the bottom of that page:

http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/exhibitions/einstein/index.php

Lots of materials developed in-house, as well as links to outside
resources.

Also, I co-taught a class, "From Einstein to Hawking," which has a few
adult resources online:
      http://research.amnh.org/~wyatt/Hayden/fromEtoH.html

Not as glitzy as the other Einstein materials, but perhaps including
worthwhile nuggets for background info.

Ryan, a.k.a.
Ryan Wyatt, Science Visualizer
Rose Center for Earth & Space