From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:16:57 PDT
Jon Johanning wrote:

>I don't see the connection between performing music and "genocide."

Just looking at those two activities, there is no connection.  But, I was
talking more of the "mindset" of group identity which can lead to horrible
results.  The Women's Philharmonic was founded on and is maintained through
group identity.  That's about it.

Jon went on to talk about what I call the "catch-up" that discriminated
against groups utilize.  I am in complete areement with this on a "micro"
level.  It's the "macro" level that concerns me.

Much of this depends on your optimism that, at some point in time, all
groups will respect one another.  I don't see that happening any time soon.

Don Satz