From:
Lewis Liu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:49:39 +0800
Nice to see your discussion on the Bruckner's symphonies.  I'm new to his
symphonies and I am still learning and understanding to his words in music.
I found more peace and life in his music when compared with those of
Mahler's.

My collections:

 Otto Klemperer - EMI (live recording)             # 4
 Marvinsky - RCA Melodiya (live recording)         # 9
 Tintner - Naxos                                   # 6
 Tintner - Naxos                                   # 8
 Tintner - Naxos                                   # 0

Sorry I didn't get the 7 yet, but I will, properly will Tintner's version
if it is available.  Celi's version is not suitable to me because it is too
slow - I've listened to his Beethoven #4 and #5, Pictures in Exhibition.
In addition it is too expensive.  May be I will return to Celi some years
later since I am still too young to Bruckner's symphony.

I will properly buy Tintner's #2 and #5 also since his interpretation
got high reputation either in locally (Hong Kong) or globally - see the
Gamophon's review.

I really love the #6 (esp.  the adagio) and #9 (the whole piece).  #4 is ok
but may need more time to re-listen.  Others are not fully listened to.  I
am listening hard on #6 now.

Happy Listening,
Lewis