From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:40:20 -0300
Deryk Barker wrote, about Philips's Great Pianists of the 20th Century
series:

>Why did they omit all sorts of people? Why did they insist on rereleasing
>some material for the umpteenth time on CD? Who exactly do they think
>is going to buy these discs?

To some extent, I have to agree with Deryk.  But thanks to the Philips
series, I have now on my shelves Lipatti's recordings of the Grieg and
Schumann piano concertos plus some of his Bach (Partita in B flat and Jesu,
Joy of Man's Desiring), his Brahms (7 waltzes) and his Chopin (Sonata in B
minor, Barcarolle, Nocturne in D flat).  I think that these recordings had
never been available in a 2CD set before, for a very reasonable price.
Cheers Philips!  By the way, why did they forget Guiomar Novaes and Magda
Tagliaferro??

Wilson Pereira.