From:
Joan Boorstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:56:58 -0400
While not as large as John specified and maybe > 8 hours from Northern
Indiana, I'd suggest St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota.  I was very
impressed with the music resources there when the VdGSA held its annual
conclave there in 1998.  Excellent facilities for music with a large and
varied program for major in music (performance as well as education) --
lots of participation in musical activities by a very large fraction of
the student body ...  good academics as well --

Also keep in mind that there is a marvelous music school at Indiana
University in Bloomington.  But maybe this is too close to home and too
large ..

I'd also second Steve's suggestion of Oberlin -- best of luck in your
selection process ...

Joan Boorstein