From:
Keith Bramich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:46:48 +0100
Music & Vision, an internet music magazine in daily parts, is now into its
fourth month and going strong.

Our daily articles are all still on-line: here are some of our March 1999
highlights:

Patric Standford's CD review 'Janacek's Moravian Folk Poetry in Songs'

Richard Graves writes about a 'Morceau' by Debussy.

Jeremy Nicholas and Ates Orga: Tchaikovsky for the 21st Century (from our
regular Friday column 'Pianos and Pianists', Consultant Editor Ates Orga)

Wilfrid Mellers' review of a disc of Michael Finnissy's 'English Country
Tunes' (If you enjoy reading Mellers, he's also back at Music & Vision this
coming weekend, Saturday and Sunday, writing about Czech music)

Martha Argerich and Nelson Friere, a musical miracle (from Pianos &
Pianists)

The Harmony of Morning - Peter Dickinson writes about a new CD of Elliot
Carter's music

Film director Tony Palmer in conversation with Shirley Ratcliffe - a
three part article, based around Palmer's Previn and Rachmaninov films.

Yehudi Menuhin, an incredible man of music - our timeline shows some
important moments in his career

'The Sweet Smell of Success' - our first review of the brilliant young
German counter-tenor Andreas Scholl

Richard Osborne's book 'HERBERT VON KARAJAN - A Life in Music', reviewed
by Gerald Fenech

With best wishes from the Music & Vision team.

Keith Bramich
Music & Vision - An Internet Music Magazine in daily parts
Editor: Basil Ramsey               http://www.mvdaily.com/