From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 15:46:42 -0700
Steve Schwartz:

>How can we exclude "Itsy-bitsy Teeny-weeny Yellow Polka-dot Bikini?" It's
>(unfortunately) memorable.  It wears.  It's certainly singable.  I find
>myself humming it at odd times.  And it unites people in a common cause
>(usually rage) to want it to stop.

LOL! I would also nominate "yankee doddle" as a very great tune with the
same characteristics, with "ol' macdonald" not far behind...

Could this be the reason most militaristic marches have tunes with the same
characteristics, that they are useful in driving people into a murderous
rage? (quick, go kill the enemy and get the job done, then we'll stop the
march, promise...)

Ulvi