From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:33:10 -0700
"Richard S. Foster" wrote:

>I'm sure there are some opinions here regarding the Saint Saens "Africa
>Fantasy".  Would those in the know, please share their opinons of any
>favorite performances.

Brilliant -- sensational -- full of big tunes!  I have Gwendolyn Mok
playing it with the London Philharmonic, cond.  Geoffrey Simon, on CALA
CACD1015 (CD, I'm afraid, Richard!).  One of the couplings on the disc is
Saint-Saens' Requiem, Op.  54, with which I am desperately in love.  Other
jewels on the disc include the world premiere recording of Parysatis Airs
de Ballet and the Valse Finale from Ascanio.  Well worth picking up.

Tim Mahon