From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:38:14 -0000
Don Satz wrote:

>Peterson-Berger is in the "worthy" category.  I just don't think that his
>melodic invention and consistency are very high.  However, he's definitely
>not a throw-away.

If there's something, it's definitely melodic invention. But then, the
definition of melody is probably different for different people.

>Concerning Segerstam, a list member indicated that Segerstam has a better
>reputation for live performance than for recordings.  I don't know if
>that's correct, but Segerstam received some fine to excellent reviews for
>his Mahler and Sibelius series on Chandos, and the recorded competition for
>those 2 composers is fierce.

It was I who wrote it.  That means: if you have the opportunity to attend
a Segerstam concerto, don't miss it!  If you find a Segerstam recording,
you might want to listen to it first.

Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>