From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:45:34 -0800
Ulvi Yurtsever ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>I actually rather like his Mahler 3rd on Chandos. It's slow, but I like
>it slow.

His 6th is excellent, the accompanying Totenfeier and his 8th are
tremendous. His Resurrection is damned fine too.

So are his Koechlin recordings on Marco Polo (I have the Junglke Book and
Les Heures Persanes and I seem to recall another whose contents elude me).

I also very much like his (studio) Sibelius recordings, especially 1 --
full-bloodedly, unapologetically OTT -- and Tapiola, aslmost in the Beecham
class.

I think he's not bad in the studio, actually.

Deryk Barker