From:
Jason Greshes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:16:31 -0500
She sang beautifully with the Philadelphia Orchestra in Mahler 4th a
couple of months ago.  I read that she is recording/has recorded the 4th
with Boulez for release by DG.  We certainly are't lacking for young
German signers (Schaefer, Banse, Kirchschlager, etc.).

Does anyone know if Banse's Berg disc is available? It showed up in
musicblvd's catalog once for special order--I ordered it, but after
a month musicblvd cancelled my order and marked the disc deleted.

Berkshire has a couple of her Paulus ecording with Rilling packed by some
label I've never heard of--Brilliant Classics--priced at $3.98 for the 2cd
set, with no booklet.

Hyperion also has her listed as an artist with future recordings on the
label.  They have her listed in one of the upcomming Schubert lieder CDs
(unfortunately one of those Schubertriad discs rather than a complete CD
sung by her.) One thing I am wondering about, though, is that I thought
that at some point a read an upcomming recording guide that had her
recording with Johnson the third CD in the Schumann series.  Did I
imagine that?

Jason