Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:05:53 -0500
From:
Judith Zaimont <[log in to unmask]>
Jeff Dunn wrote:

>For me, initially, there might only be a single passage that grabs me a
>little. My experience tells me now that the little tickle I feel from that
>passage means I'll probably like the whole piece later, so I listen more.
>If I don't get the "tickle" on first or second hearing, I move elsewhere.
>So I'd say, "Tune in to your tickler." "

This is plenty fair enough!  Reminds me of two things: Swann's return
again and again to the salons hoping against hope by chance to hear one
more time the single passage from the (Debussy) cello sonata that reminded
him of his doomed love.  And, at a post-concert Philadelphia Orchestra
audience chat, having someone stand up to say he didn't quite understand
my symphony, but it made him feel things he hadn't ever before experienced.

Plenty fair reasons to stick with the music.

Cordially,

Judith Lang Zaimont
Professor of Composition
School of Music - University of Minnesota