From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:15:04 -0500
Hello Dee & All,

>Bob I am surprised that people would ask you this as you
don't live in a supposed AHB area.

I am the beekeeper at the largest farmer market in the six state area. I am
the fourth beekeeper in the same location. I kid people and say work with
three beekeeper ghosts!

The Kansas City Old historic market (est. 1855 I believe) put up a bronze
marker saying a beekeer has been in the same location every season without
interruption since 1926 and the longest running vendor.  Four generations of
beekeepers!

So when I show up I meet and talk to many people. The number one question is
without a doubt "how many times do you get stung!" but many ask about AHB.

> A am more surprised that you know how the ferals supposedly act down here
in the southern part of the USA.

I am a friend of Dr. Orley Taylor (University of Kansas). He spent five
years in your neck of the woods doing AHB research (at a cost to beekeepers
of approx. 250,000 U.S.). I have seen his videos (both public and
private)and heard his talks many times. I have also had private
converstations.

>I myself have never seen a swarm react that way in all my
years except when something is actively being done to rile
them,

Try reading "Confessions of the Killer Bee Guy" by Reed Booth, he was your
neighbor! Excellent book which I highly recommend.
You can order the book at 1-520-452-5573 and ask Reed about AHb first hand.

Bob

http://farechase.yahoo.com