ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:04:35 -0400

New from Columbia Journalism Review's September/October issue:

UNDOING DARWIN
Twice in the last forty years the Supreme Court has upheld the
teaching of evolution in our schools. And yet, with the rise of the
"intelligent design" movement, here we go again. Chris Mooney and
Matthew Nisbet demonstrate that the way the press is covering this
newest wrinkle allows evolution's enemies to frame the story their
way - as a contest between scientific theories, rather than simply
the latest and most sophisticated religious challenge to an
overwhelming scientific consensus.
http://www.cjr.org/issues/2005/5/mooney.asp

Martin
--