ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carolyn Levi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:26:23 -0500

Hi, I want to alert people to the exciting, new opportunity to work
with COSEE (Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence). CORE,
which hosts our Central Coordinating Office is looking for a National
Network Director to help our national network achieve its objectives.
I've pasted the position description below. Please pass it along to
anyone you think may be interested. (All replies should go to CORE,
not to me!) (I'm sending this to AZA, too, so sorry for any cross
posting).
Thanks,
Carolyn

National Network Director for the Centers for Ocean Sciences
Education Excellence (COSEE) Initiative

The Consortium for Oceanographic Research and Education (C.O.R.E.) is
seeking qualified candidates for the position of National Network
Director for the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence
(COSEE) funded by the National Science Foundation.  The Network
Director will work in collaboration with the National COSEE Council,
Central Coordinating Office (CCO) staff and funding agencies to
achieve the COSEE mission to spark and nurture collaborations among
scientists and educators, to advance ocean discovery and make known
the vital role of the ocean in our lives.    Key responsibilities
will be to provide leadership, fundraising and strategic planning for
the National COSEE Network as well as to manage support, coordination
and communications functions for the Network.    Requirements include
an advanced degree in an appropriate discipline, familiarity with
strategic planning, management skills (including project management,
marketing and communications, fiscal oversight and staff
supervision), knowledge of national level policy and advocacy
activities related to science and science education, and at least 5
years of program management experience. Salary commensurate with
qualifications plus an excellent benefits package.

For more information on COSEE and CORE, see www.cosee.net and
www.coreocean.org.  For more information on this position, see the
Employment section of www.coreocean.org.  Interested candidates may
also contact Dr. Susan Cook, Education Director at CORE
([log in to unmask]; 202-448-1223).   To apply, send a cover letter
and resume to [log in to unmask] or National COSEE Network Director
Search, Human Resources, Nonprofit HR Solutions, 12138 Central
Avenue, Suite 382, Bowie, MD 20721.  Target date for application
receipt is March 22, 2005.   EOE D/V/M/F.

--

Carolyn Levi, Ph.D.
Director, COSEE New England