From:
Pete Caleb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:04:28 -0500
I thought this notice from discographer John Hunt might be of interest.
(Any typos are mine.)

   Dear collector:

   An invitation to subscribe.

   Work has already commenced on the next group in my continuing series
   of discographies, which are:-

   The Furtwaengler Sound, 6th edition:  Discography with Concert Register

   The Great Dictators:  Celibidache, Mravinsky, Rodzinski

   Pianist of the Century:  The Discography of Sviatoslav Richter

   You may subscribe to individual volumes for 22 each, but it is
   obviously advantageous to order all three volumes for 55.  Even if
   you reside outside Europe, you may take advantage of these same prices
   on the understanding that books will be posted to you by suface mail
   (if you require airmail, the prices are 28 for a single volume or 70
   for all three).

   All subscribers to these three volumes will receive priority in
   ordering a limited edition of 'Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra:  Complete
   Discography 1910-1989,' which will follow sometime in 1999.  Ever
   since publishing the discography of the Philharmonia Orchestra in
   conjunction with Stephen Pettit some 10 years ago, I have had many
   requests for further orchestra discographies, and the opportunity
   has now presented itself.

   I am entirely dependant on advance support for these discographies
   and do hope that you will decide to place a firm order now for the
   three volumes detailed at the beginning of this letter.

   Yours sincerely etc.

He then lists additional discographies already available (same price deal
as outlined above):

Mezzos and Contraltos: Baker, Klose, Ferrier, Simionato, Hoengen
(5 separate discographies, 245 pages)

More Giants of the Keyboard:  Arrau, Cziffra, Horowitz, Lipatti, Rubinstein
(5 separate discographies, 420 pages)

Conductors on the Yellow Label:  Lehmann, Leitner, Fricsay, Jochum, Ludwig,
Rother, Konwitschny, Markevitch (8 separate discographies, 290 pages)

Teachers and Pupils:  Schwarzkopf, Ivogun, Cebotari, Seinemeyer, Welitsch,
Streich, Berger (7 separate discographies, 400 pages)

Leopold Stokowski
(Discography and concert register, 275 pages)

Tenors in a Lyric Tradition:  Wunderlich, Ludwig, Anders
(3 separate discographies, 280 pages)

Makers of the Philharmonia:  Galliera, Susskind, Kletzki, Malko, Matacic,
Dobrowen, Kurtz, Fistoulari (8 separate discographies, 225 pages)

A Notable Quartet:  Janowitz, Ludwig, Gedda, Fischer-Dieskau
(4 separate discographies, 635 pages)

Hungarians in Exile: Reiner, Dorati, Szell
(3 separate discographies, 320 pages)

The Art of the Diva: Muzio, Callas, Olivero
(3 separate discographies, 225 pages)

The Lyric Baritone: Reinmar, Huesch, Metternich, Uhde, Waechter
(5 separate discographies, 225 pages)

Back from the Shadows: Mengelberg, Abendroth, Mitropoulos, van Beinum
(4 separate discographies, 300 pages)

Metropolitan Sopranos: Ponselle, Steber, Milanov, Price
(4 separate discographies, 300 pages)

More Musical Knights: Harty, Mackerras, Rattle, Prichard
(4 separate discographies, 350 pages)

You can order direct from:

   John Hunt
   22 Trevithick House