From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 00:20:59 -0500
Kar-Ming Chong wrote:

>This disc contains Chopin's Waltzes, Piano Sonata 3, Marzukas and Piano
>Concerto 2 with Susskind on the EMI 2 CD set (Stereophonic sound etc etc).
>After listening to the brilliant performances of Waltzes and a very
>enjoyable performance of Piano Sonata 3, I am very interested to know
>more about this pianist.  Any information to share?

Assuming Witold Malcuzynski is meant, I can quote from Dubal's book"

   1914-1977--Poland

   "He was a student of Turczynski at the Warsaw Conservatory.  Later,
   he received coaching from Paderewski.  Malcuzynski left a great many
   recordings.  He played Debussy well and Franck's Prelude, Chorale, and
   Fugue with a feverish attitude.  However, he will be most remembered as
   a Chopin player who was immersed in a nostalgic and idiosyncratic style.
   He could be original and eccentric within the same piece; spontaneous
   and prosaic passages abound in his nevertheless fascinating playing.
   He had a fine career and was very effective as a stage personality.
   Invariably, the audience reacted favorably to what Malcuzynski did."

Walter Meyer