From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:24:53 +0800
John Bell Young wrote:

>Though Richter did record various Scriabin etudes throughout his career,
>your statement here, juxtaposed with my own comments, is misleading, in
>that it suggests, by the way it is phrased (though this may not be what you
>meant at all) that Scriabin composed only 12 etudes, and thus, that Richter
>recorded them all.

No, no, not at all.  I referred to your statement to point out a particular
Richter recording of Scriabin Etudes that I possessed and enjoyed very
much.  Sort of a recommendation to list members who might be interested in
Scriabin's Etudes.

To my knowledge, only Piers Lane has recorded the complete Etudes of Scriabin.

>What's more, Of particular interest, by the way, is a recording on the
>Music and Arts label of a Scriabin recital he gave in Warsaw that includes
>several etudes.

Thanks for the info. I'll start hunting for this disc real soon.

Cheers
Kar MIng